Home
Gingham Fisheries
Gingham Brow, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PJ

Email:Paul@GinghamFisheries.co.uk
Phone:  07970 489418
Download the Leaflet :  Click Here
(Requires the free Adobe PDF Reader)

First time at Gingham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gingham Fisheries Forum Index -> Fishery Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: First time at Gingham Reply with quote

I brought my 11=yr old Grandson last week and gillied for him - have you ever tried to fish with a youngster? - he thoroughly enjoyed it!
I started him out on the small pool 'cos there was a match on the main lodge. Lots of bites but he couldn't hit them - concentration on which Twiglet to eat next - ooh that's a nice butterfly - see that tiny frog that I've just caught in my hand - look at that blue dragonfly, any more sweets granddad?, etc!
There was a match on the main lake 'til 3pm. When they started moving off - he wanted to move to a swim he fancied in one corner in the shade - so we relocated down there. There were a lot of big fish moving after being released from keepnets so the area looked very active - and it had been well baited. Quite exciting fishing 'cos there were a lot of line bites - it got him concentrating a bit more. When he followed instructions: overcast - handful of maggies - lift rodtip to bring float into feed - drop rod tip - keep it still as hookbait drops with maggies - strike as float goes under! Result = fish - OK only a 4oz Perch but it just shows what happens when a plan comes together!
He thoroughly enjoyed himself and is keen to go there again. The Gillie is keeen to go there again and try it for himself too!
Many thanks to Paul for a warm welcome and his forbearance with the youngster.
Tight lines!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gingham Fisheries Forum Index -> Fishery Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: